The Momentum Technical Indicator measures the change of price of a financial instrument over a given time span.
There are basically two ways to use the Momentum indicator:
- As a trend-following indicator similar to the Moving Average Convergence/Divergence (MACD) qhov taw qhia. In this case a signal to buy occurs if the Momentum indicator makes up a trough and starts rising; a signal to sell occurs when it reaches peak and turns down. You may want to plot a short-term moving average of the indicator to determine when it is bottoming or peaking. Extremely high or low values of Momentum imply continuation of the current trend. Thus if the indicator reaches extremely high values and then turns down, the further price growth should be expected. In any case, a position should be opened or closed only after prices confirm the signal generated by the indicator.
- As a leading indicator. This method assumes that the final phase of an up-trend is usually accompanied by a rapid price increase (when everyone expects prices to go higher), and that the end of bears’ market is characterized by rapid price declines (when everyone wants to get out). This is often the case, but it is also a broad generalization. When market approaches a peak there is a sharp leap of the Momentum indicator. After that it starts to fall while prices keep on growing or move horizontally. Analogous to that, at the market bottom Momentum sharply falls and then turns up long before prices start growing. Both of these situations result in divergences between the indicator and prices.
Momentum is calculated as a ratio of today’s price to the price n periods ago:
MOMENTUM = CLOSE (Kuv) / KAW (Kuv – n) * 100
KAW (Kuv) — the close price of the current bar;
KAW (Kuv – n) — the close price n bars ago.
Description of the technical indicator
The full description of the Momentum is available in theTechnical analysis: Momentum section
Indicators, As MT4 – Download tau cov lus qhiaMomentum is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) qhov taw qhia thiab cov essence ntawm tus forex cim yog txia ua cov ntaub ntawv keeb kwm accumulated. Momentum provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Raws li cov lus qhia no, traders muaj kev pov plob ntxiv nqe zog kom lawv zoo kho kom haum.
How to install Momentum.mq4?
- Download Momentum.mq4
- Copy Momentum.mq4 to your Metatrader Directory / ntawm cov kws txawj / indicators, As /
- Updated 10/22/07/f.Triplett koj Metatrader neeg pib lossis kev pab
- Xaiv tau daim ntawv thiab Timeframe uas koj xav sim qhia tau rau koj
- Nrhiav “Kev cai indicators, As” hauv koj Navigator feem coob nyob hauv koj tus Metatrader Client
- Right click on Momentum.mq4
- Rhais cov nplooj ntawv rau ib daim ntawv
- Hloov chaw los yog nias tau
- Indicator Momentum.mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove Momentum.mq4 from your Metatrader 4 Daim ntawv?
- Xaiv tau daim qauv uas qhia tau rau tus khiav khiav hauv koj tus Metatrader Client
- Txoj nyem rau hauv daim qauv
- “Daim ntawv teev indicators, As”
- Xaiv tus cim thiab rho tawm
MT4 Indicators, As ces hauv qab: