- Popup Alert
- Push Notification
- If the Popup Alert and Sound Alert are both set to true only the Popup Alert will function. For the Sound Alert to work the Popup Alert must be set to false. This is a MT4 function.
- Any Alert set to true will fire it the chart Period (Timeframe) is changed. The same applied if MT4 is loaded and Alerts are set to true. I have not solved these problems (see here – posts #943,#944) and nor have I seen them solved for New Bar Alerts.
- All Alerts will state Broker Time and Date.
- New Bar Alerts can also work with most Renko and Constant Range (Synthetic) candles.
Sound (applicable only if extra sound alerts wanted)Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- The Indicator default sound alert is “alert.wav” and corresponds to options 1 of the Indicator Sound_Bite parameter. “alert.wav is a MT4 default sound file. The sound file associated with option 1 cannot be changed unless recoded.
- The Sound_Bite parameter has additional sound options 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 but no associated sound bite files.The user must add these files to the MT4/Sounds folder. This is optional not a must do.
- An example sound bite is provided in SB2.zip (see Download). Place this unzipped sound bite – SB2.wav – in the MT4/Sounds folder and it will correspond to option 2 of the Indicator Sound_Bite parameter.
- Fee additional sound bites can be got – HERE. Hint – search for “chimes”, “bells” etc.
- Additional sound bite files must be in .wav format and renamed SB2.wav, SB3.wav,SB4.wav, SB5.wav, SB6.wav, SB7.wav or SB8.wav; placed in the MT4/ Sounds folder; they will correspond to to options 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 of the Indicator Sound_Bite parameter. Options not required do not need associated sound files.
- Sound files not in .wav format must be converted to .wav format with an audio converter and named in accordance with the above directives.
- Other than Alert sounds, Event sounds can be changed from Tools → Options → Event.
Push Notification: (iOS and Android)
- Push Notifications are fast, fail safe and easy to set up.
- Speed will depend on capability of Internet Connection and Computer and Mobile Devices.
- First install MT4 on Mobile Device.
- Locate MetaQuotes ID. See – Messages or Messages in Settings
- Enter MetaQuotes ID in Client Terminal of MT4 on computer (Tools → Options → Notifications).
- Note: The same MetaQuotes ID can be used with multiple Client Terminals (different Brokers).
- Click the Test Button.
- Open up MT4 Terminal (Ctrl + T) and select the Journal Tab and check under Messages if the the Test was successful.
- One a successful Test is obtained Push Notification Alerts can be set in the Alerts New Bar Indicator.
- Important: Ensure that your mobile device has sound turned on for notifications.
- If further clarification is required, google and youtube “MT4 push notification.”
MT4 Indicators – Download Instructions
[post-title] is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
[post-title] provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install [post-title].mq4?
- Download [post-title].mq4
- Copy [post-title].mq4 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader Client
- Right click on [post-title].mq4
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator [post-title].mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove [post-title].mq4 from your Metatrader 4 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
Download Metatrader 4 Trading Platform:
- Free $30 To Start Trading Instantly
- No Deposit Required
- Automatically Credited To Your Account
- No Hidden Terms