One of the moving averages that is not often made adaptive is SMA (Simple Moving Average). The reason for that is that it is bound to bars values (unlike, for example EMA – that is used in numerous adaptive averages – that can use fractional periods too) and that makes the calculations a bit complicated and, in some cases the results are going to be “nervous” – they tend to changes slope in some periods very quickly.
That makes it a bit difficult to use it too : using the slope of such an average as a criteria for a trading decision would lead to “change of mind” on almost every bar – and that is not what anybody would like to do. This version makes a possible solution for that : since adaptive SMA is “faster” than the “regular” SMA, you can use the crosses of adaptive to regular SMA as a criteria for trend. Results seem to be acceptable
MT5 version of this indicator was published here : https://www.mql5.com/en/code/30844
- The indicator allows you to use :
- classical slope change for color change
- cross of tho SMAs (the adaptive and the “regular”) as a criteria for color change – as described above
- You can use color change of the adaptive SMA as a signal for trend change
ATR adaptive SMA– Download Instructions
ATR adaptive SMA is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.Subway provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install the software?
- Download the mq4 file from the zip file.
- Copy the mq4 file to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader Client
- Right click on the mq4 file.
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator should be available on your Chart
How to remove tim.mq4 from your Metatrader 4 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
MT4 Indicators Download below: