The Hull Moving Average (HMA), developed by Alan Hull, is an extremely fast and smooth Moving Average that almost eliminates lag altogether and manages to improve smoothing at the same time. For that, Alan wrote an equation for the calculation of this Moving Average like this:Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
LWMA[square root(period), (2*LWMA(period/2, price)-LWMA(period, price)]
With this clever equation, Alan got a very fast Moving Average that it is much more reactive to the price action.
For a full explanation of how it works you can visit: http://alanhull.com/hull-moving-average
You can use it in two main ways:
Using only one HMA: When the HMA change its slope, this is a good time to be ready for entry long or short depending of the direction of the slope change. Always look for a good setup, like candlestick pattern or breakout of support-resistance zone.
Using two HMAs: with the typical cross of averages, e.g. HMA(9) and HMA(25). Considering the same that is said above. Also you can use it like out signal when it changes its slope (when you use only one HMA or when you use two with the change in the slope of the fast HMA). Like all moving averages, it does not work well in range markets because it gives many false entries.
I have made the code so you can change the type of Moving Average used in the calculations (but this already would not be a real Hull Moving Average) and the applied price. I like to use the typical price to take into account what has happened in each candle.
MT4 Indicators – Download Instructions
Hull Moving Average is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
Hull Moving Average provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install Hull Moving Average.mq4?
- Download Hull Moving Average.mq4
- Copy Hull Moving Average.mq4 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader Client
- Right click on Hull Moving Average.mq4
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator Hull Moving Average.mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove Hull Moving Average.mq4 from your Metatrader 4 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
Download Metatrader 4 Trading Platform:
- Free $30 To Start Trading Instantly
- No Deposit Required
- Automatically Credited To Your Account
- No Hidden Terms
MT4 Indicators Download below:
Hull Moving Average