This indicator combines Moving Average (MA) and Average True Range (ATR) to visualize potential trade signals. Black solid line indicates MA, Red solid line indicates MA+2*ATR, Red dash line indicates MA+1.5*ATR, Green solid line indicates MA-2*ATR, Green dash line indicates MA-1.5*ATR.
1. The price must cross over the moving average line and close on the opposite side
2. The trade’s direction will be determined based on the direction of the cross;
1. a long position when the price crosses from below and closes above the moving average
2. a short position when the price crosses from above the moving average and closes below
3. A trade can only be placed if it coincides with the current trend;
1. a long position must have a positive moving average slope
2. a short position must have a negative moving average slope
3. no trade should be placed if there is a flat moving average slope
4. The highest high or the lowest low must not touch, pass or be very close to dash lines (reversal points).
1. The position will be closed if the price crosses the moving average to the side opposite of the entry position and reaches the 1.5 ATR level on that side.
2. The position will be closed if the price crosses the moving average to the side opposite of the entry position and closes on that side.
3. The position will be closed if the price reaches the 2.0 ATR level.
4. The position will be closed if the price crosses the 1.5 ATR level on the entry side and closes;
1. below the 1.5 ATR line for long position
2. above the 1.5 ATR line for short position
MT4 Indicators – Download Instructions
MA-ATR is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
MA-ATR provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install MA-ATR.mq4?
- Download MA-ATR.mq4
- Copy MA-ATR.mq4 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader Client
- Right click on MA-ATR.mq4
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator MA-ATR.mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove MA-ATR.mq4 from your Metatrader 4 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
Download Metatrader 4 Trading Platform:
- Free $30 To Start Trading Instantly
- No Deposit Required
- Automatically Credited To Your Account
- No Hidden Terms
MT4 Indicators Download here: MA-ATR