According to the author Vitali Apirine, the width of the moving average bands indicator can be used as an indicator of volatility.
The distance between the bands will widen as volatility increases and will narrow as volatility decreases. The moving average band width (MABW) measures the percentage difference between the bands. Changes in this difference may indicate a forthcoming move or change in the trend.
In this version the only deviation from the original published in TASC August 2021 magazine is that the indicator is drawing periods when the bands width is reaching its extreme lows in red (as a possible sign of expansion after extreme congestion)
- It is not a directional indicator – it indicates volatility
- You can probably use it for indication of possible trend changes (after the lower extremes are reached) or trend continuation after a period of ranging
MT5 Indicators – Download Instructions
Moving Averages Band Width is a Metatrader 5 (MT5) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
Moving Averages Band Width provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
Click Here for MT5 Strategies
How to install Moving Averages Band Width.mq5?
- Download Moving Averages Band Width.mq5
- Copy Moving Averages Band Width.mq5 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader Client
- Right click on Moving Averages Band Width.mq5
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator Moving Averages Band Width.mq5 is available on your Chart
How to remove Moving Averages Band Width.mq5 from your Metatrader 5 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete