A variation of RSI, refined to give clearer view of momentum in any market.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
MTF Relative Strength Index is a MetaTrader indicator based on well known RSI. Relative Strength Index is a financial technical analysis momentum oscillator measuring the velocity and magnitude of directional price movement by comparing upward and downward close-to-close movements. The RSI was developed by J. Welles Wilder and published in Commodities magazine in June 1978.
In MetaTrader we have Relative Strength Index already included as a standard technical indicator. However it can be used only for current timeframe. Sometimes it is desirable to have RSI showing higher timeframes. MTF Relative Strength Index presented here has additional parameter – TimeFrame. You can use it to set up higher timeframe from which RSI will calculate its values. Because values are derived from bars, when using higher timeframes, you will notice rough shape of indicator line.
MTF Relative Strength Index settings:
Default value is 0 – means current timeframe. For other timeframes: 1=M1, 5=M5, 15=M15, 30=M30, 60=H1, 240=H4, 1440=D1, 10080=W1, 43200=MN1
Default value is 14. Number of periods for calculation.
Default value is 0 – means Close price used for calculations. For other types of price: 0-CLOSE, 1-OPEN, 2-HIGH, 3-LOW, 4-MEDIAN, 5-TYPICAL, 6-WEIGHTED.
Default value is 0. This parameter shifts whole indicator by Shift number of bars from set timeframe to the right on the chart.
MT4 Indicators – Download Instructions
MTF Relative Strength Index is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
MTF Relative Strength Index provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install MTF Relative Strength Index.mq4?
- Download MTF Relative Strength Index.mq4
- Copy MTF Relative Strength Index.mq4 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader Client
- Right click on MTF Relative Strength Index.mq4
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator MTF Relative Strength Index.mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove MTF Relative Strength Index.mq4 from your Metatrader 4 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete