Takes Wilder’s RSO indicator and presents the information in oscillator form.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Relative Strength Oscillator or RSO is an Oscillator version of RSI. RSI as a powerful and accurate indicator is very popular. It is an index indicator and varies in the range of 0 to 100. We used to see 70s or 30s on RSI, then decide to open a new position. But as an indicator, symmetry is more readable and more suitable for comparison. Oscillators have a center line of usually 0.0 and swing around center line. RSO intends to do this role. With RSO everything is as the same as before on RSI, just minus 50. Here are 20s and -20s as overbought and oversold positions now.
I added colored bars just for more clarity. Green bars show increasing of RSO and red bars show decreasing. RSO or RSI curves cannot show little changes, while colored bars can. For example when RSO is over 20, first red bar reveals direction change. As you can see, RSO with bars is more comprehensible with just a glimpse.
Fig 1. RSO indicator
Sequential Green/Red bars indicate that we should wait more for direction change. As showed in following picture, RSO is around 20 and starts to decrease. Without bars warning, we may be convinced to open a short position. However sequential opposite color bars is a good indicator alert to aware us do not do anything.
Fig 2. RSO sequential color change
MT4 Indicators – Download Instructions
RSO, Relative Strength Oscillator is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
RSO, Relative Strength Oscillator provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install RSO, Relative Strength Oscillator.mq4?
- Download RSO, Relative Strength Oscillator.mq4
- Copy RSO, Relative Strength Oscillator.mq4 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader Client
- Right click on RSO, Relative Strength Oscillator.mq4
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator RSO, Relative Strength Oscillator.mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove RSO, Relative Strength Oscillator.mq4 from your Metatrader 4 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete