It came the time to bring my input to MQL4 community as well. Many people do not know if the brokers are honest or not on Spread with them.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
I developed 2 small indicators which will allow you to see hot the spread is performing real time and for the last few minutes or whichever you can thing your platform can hold. From my experience few minutes is more then enough to see that. All this is performed real-time and you will not have past data since MT4 does not store such kind of information – unless we will program it.
During News Release on most of pairs the Spread was almost doubled or tripled – and this was on demo account. I can’t wait to see what will happen on a real-account. As soon as you will apply the indicators it will start Logging the Spread + Bid + Ask for the last 500 ticks or whichever you specify in the parameter LastTicks. In the beginning you will have only few of them but after one minute you will see that your chart has more data.
2 simple indicators:
- _x_SpreadLogger.mq4 – keeps track of the latest spreads for the currency so you can see what is the min and max during a certain type of period
- _x_BidAskLogger.mq4 – keeps track of the latest Bid and Ask proces for the currency so you can see how they performed a certain type of period
The template which comes with it allows you to apply them simultaneously to your chart – or you can apply _x_BidAskLogger first and then _x_SpreadLogger on the same subwindow or separately – as you wish
MT4 Indicators – Download Instructions
[post-title] is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
[post-title] provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install [post-title].mq4?
- Download [post-title].mq4
- Copy [post-title].mq4 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader Client
- Right click on [post-title].mq4
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator [post-title].mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove [post-title].mq4 from your Metatrader 4 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
Download Metatrader 4 Trading Platform:
- Free $30 To Start Trading Instantly
- No Deposit Required
- Automatically Credited To Your Account
- No Hidden Terms