Nowadays, the most popular representatives of the fractal time functions are the financial time series. The fractal structure of these series is well-known andThank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
aсcording to Mandelbrot there is a “rewording of the famous market saying that the movement of stocks and currencies is independent of the time scale and the
price. An observer can’t tell if the information refers to the weekly, daily or hourly changes just by looking at the appearance of the chart» .
Usually, to determine the fractal dimension the Hurst’s exponent is calculated . However, for the reliable calculation of this exponent a huge amount of data
is necesary (~ 10^3) and that is too much comparing to the duration of the trends of trading.
The authors  interpose the fractal characteristics – the variation index (m) that is closely related to the common fractal dimension. In distinct from the
Hurst’s exponent, the amount of information that is necessary for index determination is less by a factor of 2. It leads to use it as a local characteristics for
determination of the dynamics of the price series. If m < 0.5, it can be interpretated as a trend and m > 0.5 – as a flat.
The suggested indicator calculates the variation index on a previous interval which is 2^n long. The “n” parameter is specified by the user.
The common rules of the indicator application are the following:
- If the value of the indicator is lower than 0.5 it means the trend state of the market.
- The extremely low value is often precedes the end (correction) of the current trend.
- If the value of the indicator is higher than 0.5 it means the flat state of the market.
- The extremely high value is often precedes the beginning of the considerable trends.
MT4 Indicators – Download Instructions
[post-title] is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
[post-title] provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install [post-title].mq4?
- Download [post-title].mq4
- Copy [post-title].mq4 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader Client
- Right click on [post-title].mq4
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator [post-title].mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove [post-title].mq4 from your Metatrader 4 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
Download Metatrader 4 Trading Platform:
- Free $30 To Start Trading Instantly
- No Deposit Required
- Automatically Credited To Your Account
- No Hidden Terms