The basic candlesticks that are built into MetaTrader 4 have a rudimentary, and potentially devastating flaw. They never show you the Ask line, and, they never save that Ask price in the history. This situation can be compounded when/if a broker chooses to send the Bid data through to your MetaTrader 4 as an “averaged price” calculated by averaging Bid and Ask together. I know of one such broker who does this, so I can imagine that there are more than just one.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
In MetaTrader 4 the calculation of candlesticks is based on Bid data, to see the current Ask price you need to check “Show Ask line” in the chart properties. It’s important to see the Ask prices when placing Stop Loss.
To see the situation in a live chart, and for full effect I recommend opening up a 1M chart: Open up a blank chart -> open chart Properties -> change the chart style to candlesticks -> and then make sure you have the “Show ASK lines” activated.
MT4 Indicators – Download Instructions
WelchCandlesticks v2 is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
WelchCandlesticks v2 provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install WelchCandlesticks v2.mq4?
- Download WelchCandlesticks v2.mq4
- Copy WelchCandlesticks v2.mq4 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader Client
- Right click on WelchCandlesticks v2.mq4
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator WelchCandlesticks v2.mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove WelchCandlesticks v2.mq4 from your Metatrader 4 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
Download Metatrader 4 Trading Platform:
- Free $30 To Start Trading Instantly
- No Deposit Required
- Automatically Credited To Your Account
- No Hidden Terms
MT4 Indicators Download here: WelchCandlesticks v2