An interesting regularity is observed in the EUR/USD chart. Some time before a reversal, bar appear that have:
1) rate=(High-Low)/MathAbs(Close-Open) remarkably higher than 1
2) Low touches the lower border of the channel (price increasing is possible), or
High touches the upper border of the channel (price decreasing is possible).
Such bars are conventionally called X-points.
The indicator searches for X-points by parameter xrate (rate >= xrate) && (High-Low) >= xsize && (Up-Dn)>= xminupdn.
To filter false signals, the indicator analyzes the bar following the X-point to detect at least small price movement in the predicted direction, and it detects the positions of middle points of bars as related to the mid-channel and to each other.
(See the code of the indicator.)
extern int per=3; – channel building period
extern double xrate=1.5; – minimal rate
extern double xsize=5.0; – minimal bar height (High-Low)
extern double xslope=0.0; – minimal increment of the next bar
extern double xminupdn=10.0; – minimal channel width
extern int xhour1=9; – minimal hour, from which signals are allowed (inclusively)
extern int xhour2=19;- maximal hour, up to which channels are allowed (inclusively)
extern int xindent=15; – signal indent from the chart (it can be used for StopLoss, too)
As you can see from the chart, signals of XPoints (straight arrows) are often ahead of or are more precise than FATL (round arrows).
False signals have not been excluded yet, so you should use additional filtering with other indicators or consider the signals as warnings against too early opening of positions directed oppositely the predicted movement.
Signal filtering by time is added. By default, new signals are ignored.
During tests, another interesting peculiarity of the ‘indent’ parameter has been found: this parameter can be used for the accurate calculation of opening time, for example, you can open short positions when the price is above the arrow, and vice versa. This approaches the opening to the local extremum point.
MT4 Indicators – Download Instructions
XPoints is a Metatrader 4 (MT4) indicator and the essence of the forex indicator is to transform the accumulated history data.
XPoints provides for an opportunity to detect various peculiarities and patterns in price dynamics which are invisible to the naked eye.
Based on this information, traders can assume further price movement and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to install XPoints.mq4?
- Download XPoints.mq4
- Copy XPoints.mq4 to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your indicator
- Search “Custom Indicators” in your Navigator mostly left in your Metatrader Client
- Right click on XPoints.mq4
- Attach to a chart
- Modify settings or press ok
- Indicator XPoints.mq4 is available on your Chart
How to remove XPoints.mq4 from your Metatrader 4 Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete
Download Metatrader 4 Trading Platform:
- Free $30 To Start Trading Instantly
- No Deposit Required
- Automatically Credited To Your Account
- No Hidden Terms
MT4 Indicators Download here: XPoints